Choosing Hormone Replacement Therapy
Hormones are chemicals made by the glands that act to control certain actions of cells and organs. In essence, hormones regulate your body’s functions and keep things running smoothly. However, these hormones can become imbalanced or deficient in a condition known as hormone imbalance.
Hormones can rejuvenate, regenerate and restore. They are powerful chemical messengers that circulate throughout the body and travel to specific cells to orchestrate many vital internal functions. But even a small fluctuation in hormone levels can cause big changes at the cellular level — or disrupt the delicate balance throughout your entire body. Too much or too little of a hormone can have serious consequences for your overall health and well-being.
Symptoms of hormonal imbalance include:
- lack of energy, more tired than usual
- Mood swings
- Tension and irritability
- Lack of sleep
- Memory loss
- Lack of focus
- Brain fog
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Weight gain
- Joint pain
- Migraines and severe headaches
- Bladder symptoms
- Decreased sex drive and performance
Hormonal imbalance also seriously affects bone health, breast health, brain health, heart health and other critical systems in the body. Hormonal imbalance has a frightening mix of both tangible and intangible symptoms; some you may notice immediately, and others mask themselves and occur behind the scenes.
Hormone pellet therapy works by steadily replacing and rebalancing the missing hormones in the body. Hormone pellet therapy has been used since 1939.
Hormone pellet therapy has several advantages over other methods such as creams, patches, oral medications and injections. These benefits include:
- It has the same molecular structure as human hormones
- It lasts longer than other treatments, typically around three to five months
- It’s the most widely studied form of natural hormone therapy
- It provides a steady stream of hormones in your blood
- It provides individualized dosing
- It’s inserted under the skin
The type of hormone pellet therapy we provide is called BioTE® hormone pellet therapy. This type of hormone pellet therapy is meant to be hassle-free: BioTE® hormone pellet therapy provides outstanding results with minimal side effects. Pellet therapy is also the only modality that mimics the body’s normal diurnal and circadian rhythms.
Other benefits of BioTE® hormone pellet therapy are:
- It’s safe: Hundreds of studies have been completed on hormone pellet therapy, and it has been in use since 1939.
- It’s clinically effective: With BioTE® hormone pellet therapy, hormones are delivered consistently 24/7 over several months. There is no “roller coaster” effect as with other treatment types.
- It’s convenient: BioTE® hormone pellet therapy is implanted just a few times each year.
- It has a low side-effect profile: BioTE® hormone pellet therapy is the best method to increase bone density and doesn’t increase risk of heart attack, blood clots or stroke as other methods do.
You do not have to suffer through these life-altering symptoms! Help is available — naturally and safely — with BioTE®hormone pellet therapy. You’ll find a more thorough explanation about how hormone pellet therapy works to alleviate the common symptoms of perimenopause, menopause and andropause by going to www.biotemedical.com